Guest Pass is the first wristband of the season and new for 2014. It will allow access to select official SXSW events and you will be eligible for giveaways.
Four steps for using Guest Pass
- Pick up Guest Pass at one of the locations below
- Available now and during SXSW
- Register Guest Pass at http://guestpass.sxsw.com/#list
- The ID required will be on the wristband
- There is a skip button in the lower right if you don’t want to connect Facebook
- Hope you win invitations and prize giveaways
- Attend free official SXSW events
Pick up locations
Game Over Videogames
- 911 W. Anderson Ln., Suite#106
- 3005 S. Lamar Blvd, Suite# B-105-B
- 110 N I-35, Suite# 200-A, Round Rock, TX
- 1504 Aquarena Springs Dr., Suite#110, San Marcos, TX
Mon to Sat 11am-9pm & Sun 12pm-7pm
- 617 W. 29th St.
- 1931 E. Oltorf
- 9505 Burnet Rd. Suite E.
Mon to Sat 10am – Midnight & Sun Noon – Midnight
Spec’s Wines, Spirits & Finer Foods
- 5775 Airport Blvd
- 4970 W US 290 SVC Rd
- 9900 South IH35
- 10515 N. Mo Pac Expressway
- 13015 Shops Parkway, Bee Cave TX
Mon to Sat 10am-9pm
Waterloo Records & Video
Mon to Sat 10am-11pm & Sun 11am-11pm
Whole Foods Market
- 11920 Domain Drive
- 525 N. Lamar Blvd
- 4301 W. William Cannon Blvd.
- 12691 Hill Country Blvd.
Sun to Sat 8am – 10pm
SXSWedu Education Expo
- Austin Convention Center – 500 E Cesar Chavez St.
Tuesday March 4th only, 2-8pm
Check for updates at http://guestpass.sxsw.com/
SXSW is a Music, Film and Interactive conference from March 7 – 16, which provides a chance to party with some of the greatest people on Earth.
- Phone Charger – You may forget to recharge your extended battery pack
- Print outs of the parties you want to go to –Your phone will be slow
- Pedicabs – staple of SXSW travel $5 – $20 to get most places
- Taxis – Head to a hotel or I-35 access road to catch one
- Parking – Try to get downtown before noon
- Walking – Lots
Many SXSW attendees are here for business. So, expect a lot of side conversation during performances. If you are there for the music try to get to the front and remember earplugs.
- RSVP for everything
- Have a backup plan or four
- Arrive early
- If you are not having fun, leave
- Find new music
- Make friends
- Tip the bartender – even if the drinks are free
- Some parties will have food – Check the RSVP
- Food Trucks are awesome
- BBQ – If you need a break and have a car head to Lockhart for authentic Central Texas BBQ
- Many more – Check Yelp or Urban Spoon
Official Music Showcases
- Arrive early
- Usually you can get in after the badges and wristbands for $5 – $15
My SXSW Playlists
Twitter Party People
- @CameronAtSXSW – firstname.lastname@example.org – I post unofficial SXSW parties, showcases, news, rumors, all that stuff.
- @FreeatSXSW – I’m here to help you experience SXSW for FREE. Sharing my knowledge of multiple South By’s with no wristband or badge. Feel free to share legit party RSVP links
- @jackievanz – Marketing Specialist. Music Lover. People Watcher. Board Game Hoarder. Philly Scene Reporter @mxdwn_phl ..Philadelphia has my heart
- @JacobStetson – Too many projects, not enough time. Catch me if you can… Soon to be New Yorker.
- @MarkQuestion – Software Developer, Bassist Extraordinaire, and guy with his ear to the ground for all things SXSW.
- @martyrAtSXSW – Responsive Web Geek, SXSW Interactive Volunteer, Musicologist. Vegan.
- @mikeyzee – @mischiefonline – designer videographer photographer
- @mischiefonline – Austin based music blog · Music · Videos · Culture
- @MissKrisSxSW – A Torontonian at #SXSW. Probably not this perky in real life. Sometimes I film shows: http://www.youtube.com/user/MissMadMuzak
- @OperEveryBand – The Mission: To Review Every Band Showcasing at SXSW 2014. Daily Write Ups (2,000+ bands!), Videos and Exclusive Content Through March.
- @hippohonk – Seasoned concert goers rating bands on upcoming festival lineups based on how bad they want to see their show. Visithttp://hippohonk.com to view the results!
- @rsvpster – We RSVP you to unofficial SXSW parties & events – sign up:http://RSVPster.com/order
- @snow2go – I’m just a kid with like 36 tabs open on 3 monitors right now sry. E-mail me #sxsw things: email@example.com
- @SouthByFreeNOMS – Taking a bite out of Austin one party at a time! Your unofficial guide to all the free food + drinks at #SXSW. Brought to you by @mightymendoza. #SXSW2014 #SXFN
- @SXRobot – Tweeting the newest parties on #sxsw. Like me? follow my creator @wiktorschmidt and RT my tweets
- @SXSWbaby – SXSW Baby! is an unofficial weblog and discussion forum about South by Southwest.
- @SXSWHIPHOP – Information on everything Hip Hop/Rap happening in Austin, TX during SXSW – not affiliated with sxsw
- @SXSWhoa – Two people reporting the latest news, rumors, shortest lines, and freebies for #SXSW Music 2014. On assignment for @austinist. Contact: SXSWhoa@gmail.com
- @SXSWISLIFE – Free shows, drinks, food, and parties. RSVPs, artists to watch, tips, and rumors. All SXSW. I am in no way affiliated with SXSW. firstname.lastname@example.org
- @SXSWPARTYGIRLS -Your guide to SXSW for THE best free shows, booze & food. We’re SXSW party professionals. Follow for tips, lineups, and debauchery!
- @SXSWPartyList – The Party List for #SXSW2014 Email us: SXSWPartyList@gmail.com
- @SXSWUnderaged – SXSW Underaged is a complete list of events during SXSW that are all ages and no badges required. SXSW Underaged 2014 will be launched on February 16th at 6 PM.
- @ulovei – I take photos, DJ parties, promote events, write articles, and always wear a tie.
- @unofficialsxsw – Your Guide To All Unofficial SXSW Events! Free Beer, Parties, and more! Contact Us Here: email@example.com
Fun SXSW Tweeters
- @SXSWFanFIction – A chronicle of all things that happen at SXSW
- @SXSWhine – Yhe best Whines of SXSW ‘11 and beyond. Please @ any you find. Created lovingly by @ZackTeibloom of @festivalcrasher
- @SXSWPartyzzzzz – OMG #SXSW PARTIES! WHO WANTS TO PARTY? GO TO THIS PARTY! THESE ARE ALL THE PARTIES! I LOVE SXSW PARTIES! PARTIES! #PARTIES! #SXSW #SXSW firstname.lastname@example.org
- @couchxcouchwest – Where the beer is cheaper and the only hipster is you. March 9-15, 2014
Other SXSW Guides
I listened to the entire Definite SXSW Playlist and picked the best
Updated daily with the best artists’ videos I can find
3600+ of the top 2 tracks of every artist I could find